Four lovely ladies have nominated me and I am so honored because all of them inspire me. I’m sorry I only get to participate now because I was busy the last few days.
The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
- The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
- Provide 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions!
Okay. Before I continue, let me introduce you first to these cool girls and make sure you visit their blogs.
- Claudette of to search and to find – This woman always makes me smile with her humor and perspective in life. If you are the type of person who also finds happiness (or cannot find happiness) everyday, then her blog is right for you.
- Sarah Rhea of Life’s Thousand Mile Journey – This girl runs not only for herself but also to help other people. If you want surprises and learn something new in every post, click the “follow” button on her page.
- amforte66 of greatsnaps, goodreads and me – This cool teacher and mom never fails to inspire me. If you are a book buff or wants legit advice about family and marriage, browse through her site.
- Enissa of Self Love Soul Series – This lady encourages me to appreciate myself and the gift of life. If you are a woman who have experienced being in-love, being heartbroken or moving on, I’m sure you’ll love her, too. ❤
First Part: 11 Facts About Me
- My major is English but in my current job, I have to teach Character Education which uses Filipino as the medium of instruction.
- I also worked as a call center agent for nine months while waiting for my teaching job.
- I’m afraid of dogs. I know, not cool! I don’t hate dogs, I’m just scared. Haha. It started when four dogs ran after me while I was riding a bicycle (Yep, I was slow. :P). One of them bit me and I was brought to the doctor right away. From then on, I always get nervous around dogs and I think they can feel it because they always bark at me.
- I play guitar, bass, keyboards and drums but I’m not very good in any of them. Yeah, Jack of all trades, master of none.
- When I was born, my brother was already 14 and my sister was 12. They were not my playmates.
- Stars! I love ’em!
- I easily get cold.
- I met my boyfriend on-line when I was 14 and we were friends for 8 years before we became a couple.
- I love volunteering in outreaches but I haven’t been in a while now.
- My real name starts with R, not W.
- I have poor penmanship.
Second Part: Warning! I have to answer 44 questions so this part is long. It’s okay to skip some of them if you are not interested but make sure to check the bottom of this post. 🙂
Questions from Claudette: Fun ones!
- Spiders – yes or no? No. I’m not afraid of them but I don’t want to get close to them either.
- If snails had hands, would you shake them (their hands, not the snails)? Haha. Yeah. Why not?
- Sweet or Salty? Salty. I love chocolates and ice cream but sweets give me sore throat.
- Are you left or right handed? Right handed.
- Do you sing? Yes!
- Do you have a Manual or Automatic Drivers Licence? I dunno how to drive and I don’t have a car.
- Cats or dogs, rabbits or guinea pigs, or other small pet-like animals? I hope dogs will be friendly to me ’cause I really want to be friends with them.
- Skirts, dresses or jeans and trousers? Jeans, the most comfy.
- If you had to choose your version of Hell, would it be Hot or Cold, or totally Pink? Totally Pink. I’m not a big fan of the color but it’s better than the two. I can also choose cold depending if it’s tolerable for me.
- Will the end the world be a Whimper or a Bang? I hope it’s a bang.
- Hankies of Tissues? Hankies.
Questions from SarahRhea745: Challenging ones!
- Who was the last person you said “I love you”? My boyfriend.
- Who would you want to play you if your life was a movie? Zooey Deschanel because I’m ambitious. Hahaha. I think her character on New Girl reminds me of me and I like her voice! She has to learn Tagalog though to be able to play me. If I would choose a Filipina actress, I’ll go for Bea Alonzo. I realized recently that she’s a good actress. Plus, my boyfriend likes her.
- You win the lottery, all debt has been paid off and you’ve already given money to your friends and/or family to help them out, what is your first frivolous purchase for yourself? A beautiful and unique house!
- Day or Night? Night.
- You’re having a dinner party with 3 guests…who is with you? This is the twist…1 is living, 1 is dead, 1 is a fictional person or being. Sara Bareilles, Audrey Hepburn and Jess from New Girl (I haven’t even finish Season 1 yet!). I want to get inspired by these girls: an artist, a legendary actress/humanitarian and a bubbly teacher.
- Guiltiest pleasure? Dancing. 😛
- Where are you in 10 years? In Seattle with my husband and kids. 🙂
- What is your favorite color? Yellow.
- Do you have a token (book, bear, blanket, etc…) of your childhood you haven’t been able to let go? I don’t think I have but I am keeping a box full of letters from my friends since grade school. Is it counted?
- What’s your favorite curse word? If you don’t have one, what’s your favorite word? Linger. I dunno why. It’s just fun to say. Haha. I also like “reverie”. I don’t use it much but I like it.
- When all your dreams come true, who do you want standing beside you? (bonus kudos if you know where this question comes from) My parents and my future husband. 🙂 (I cheated and found out that this line came from One Tree Hill but I answered your question, anyway. 🙂 )
Questions from amforte66: Serious ones!
- How are you, really? Tired.
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? I know I’m an extrovert but I enjoy being an introvert lately. Haha.
- Mathlete or Athlete? Neither. Yes, I am that boring.
- What is your favorite television show and what do you like about it? For now, I’ll say The Walking Dead because that’s what we have in common. 🙂 I like how the characters are developed and how it shows human behavior during an apocalypse. I’m also not into horror shows/movies but the zombies here are creepy.
- What have you learned today? I went into a printing shop today and saw how the lady edited a picture so I learned a new technique on Photoshop (a shortcut).
- What is a habit you have that you like? I always break into a song.
- What’s the biggest personal change you’ve ever made? I actually don’t know. Is moving on counted?
- What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done? There are a lot, I can’t decide.
- What are some of your favorite websites? Besides the social networking sites, I also enjoy browsing through www.boredpanda.com and www.rottentomatoes.com.
- What’s something most people don’t know about you? I easily cry over things.
- What do you like about blogging? I’m free to say what’s on my mind and have other people from different parts of the world connect with me.
Questions from Enissa: Interesting ones!
- What was the last book you read and why? I can’t remember the last time I read a whole book. Maybe it was “Bridget Jones’s Diary” and that was still last 2008. It was a feel-good book and I was trying to entertain myself that time because I was on the process of “moving on”. Although in real life, I only get to move on two years after that.
- What inspires you more than anything? God. My boyfriend calls me religious but I’m not. I just love Jesus and I want to be like Him. You know, kind, humble and cares for other people no matter how unlovable they are which sound difficult.
- Who is someone you know that you respect and admire? Why? (no one Famous) My grandmother. She was a good person and a woman of God and I want to live a life like hers.
- What is a gift or talent that you have? Singing and composing.
- What qualities do you love about yourself? I’m optimistic and patient.
- What qualities do you wish you can change or strongly dislike? I’m too dependent sometimes and indecisive.
- What pivotal moment made you start your blog? Why? Nothing extravagant. I was researching on the process of K-1 Visa (Fiance Visa) and I found this blog, http://www.mrspresson.com/ and I thought I wanted to have my own, too.
- Where do you see yourself five years from now? A teacher in Seattle with my own family.
- What is your favorite t.v. show and why? Please read no. 4 above. 🙂 I have lots though.
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Mango, pistachio and coffee cookie crumble. I love ice cream so any flavor will do!
- What type of music do you like? Singer-songwriter type. I love female artists! 🙂
Third Part: My Set of Questions
- What made you smile today?
- Backstreet Boys or NSYNC?
- What’s the soundtrack of your life?
- What movie made you cry?
- What’s your favorite fruit? Why?
- Who’s your childhood or teenage celebrity crush?
- What do you value most?
- What do you want others to learn from your blog?
- Where do you want to travel next (or first)?
- What is the most challenging goal in your bucket list?
- Before you die, who do you want to kiss?
Last Part: Now, it’s your turn! Maybe you have already been nominated by someone else but I checked your blog and you haven’t posted it yet…
- Bestsellers and BlockBusters
- A Garmont Confession
- Overcoming to Becoming
- A Simple Note
- Christian Chic Geekery
- She Writes
- The Late Jillian
- left coast by design
And…this is the end my post. Thank you. 🙂