Let me tell you first that I’m no beauty expert. If you are reading this to check some tips about skin or hair care, I’m sorry to disappoint you. I am writing this post because as I’ve checked my stats, my post I am Beautiful gained the most views, likes and comments on my blog altogether. Publishing that post and having that kind of feedback made me realize that a lot of you care on how a lot of women struggle on accepting themselves as they are.
Beauty is skin deep. Well, it’s a cliché. We already know that what’s within ourselves is more important than our physical appearance. However, I believe that there are things we should really do to bring out the beauty in us.
1. Fix yourself up. I’m not saying to put a lot of make-up or be overly fashionable. You just have to look presentable with your natural beauty.
Why do this? Because looking your best is enough for other people to see how attractive you are.
2. Always wear a smile. It is the best accessory. It should not only come out of your lips but should also be seen in your eyes.
Why do this? Because it’s contagious! You will never know how your simple smile can make someone’s day.
3. Have the right attitude. You already know what’s right from wrong. Self-control is the key.
Why do this? Not only people will be drawn to you, you will also gain their respect.
4. Use your talents. Everyone has at least one talent. That’s a fact. It’s like a muscle. If you use it, it will grow. If you don’t, you’ll lose it. (Read: Make the Most of Your Talents)
Why do this? Because talents are more beneficial than appearance.
5. Be confident. Comparison and insecurity will just ruin your happiness. Believe your momma. If she says you are pretty, she’s telling the truth.
Why do this? How can you expect others to appreciate your beauty if you don’t do it first?
6. Create a positive energy. Be the source of someone’s happiness and optimism.
Why do this? When everything looks ugly, you can influence others with your positivity.
7. Be fearless but fear the Lord. Don’t be afraid to take risks and do what you want just also remember Proverbs 31:30, “The Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.”
Why do this? Because being brave is a woman’s asset and being a God-fearing person means you love and respect the most powerful Being in the universe and the laws He has set which are for our own good. 🙂
8. Be yourself. Accept, embrace and love yourself.
Why do this? Because being you-nique is be-you-tiful.
>>>This is my response to Blogging 101, Day 27: Build on the Popular. I miss blogging. Have been busy for two weeks! This is a late post. Congratulations to all Zero to Hero bloggers! 🙂
>>>Daily Prompt: The Stat Connection