Last month, I made an article about the qualities I admire from my mamang. It’s Father’s Day tomorrow and even though I’m not that close with my papang, I’ll make a positive article about him to make it fair. 🙂 Okay, I love my father, don’t get me wrong. I’m just not really expressive and he’s not either. Maybe I got that from him?
1. He is a provider. All responsible dads will really do this, right? But I admire how my papang did everything he could just to provide for us. He also worked overseas for a long time, hence, explains the gap between us but I know he made that sacrifice to give us a good life. He’s now 65 years old but you will see from his actions that he still wants to be the one to work for us.
2. He is loyal to my mother. I’m proud to say that my papang, despite the distance, never left my mother for another woman.
3. He is a good disciplinarian. Back then, one of the ways parents discipline their children was by spanking or belting but my father didn’t do that. Or maybe he did once, to my older siblings (and I think I got slapped, too. :P). My brother said it was an effective way of discipline because he couldn’t forget that one time. If he punished them every single mistake, they would have been immune. I think I apply this technique to my students (not the punishment). I don’t get too angry all the time so they won’t get used to it like being angry becomes normal.
4. He has masculine skills. If there’s something wrong around the house, he’ll definitely fix it. He can be an electrician, a carpenter, a plumber, a mechanic, etc.
5. He is open-minded. He is strict compared to other dads but it’s still easier to ask permission from him than from my mother. Haha.
6. He has musical genes. I’m so glad I got these and I hope my children, too. ❤
7. He is hard-working. He doesn’t like doing nothing. It’s becoming one of the reasons why we argue these days though because he likes to work around the house but he should avoid it now due to the surgery he had.
8. He is a protector. Over-all, I think my father did (and still does) a great job as the head of the family. He kept us safe and made sure we are all living a comfortable life. He sure loves us.
Happy Father’s Day to all dads out there!