A Day at Work

It’s Friday! I am planning to keep up with the past Writing 101 assignments this weekend. I have been exhausted every night that my brain switches to passive mode when I go to my bedroom. I don’t know why I’m always tired so I decided to document the things that happened today.

Okay, let me just say that I’m working in a big public school. It has about 5,000 students. I teach Values Education to eleven sections. I meet each section twice a week so my schedule is always different everyday. Wednesday is the worst. I need to teach six classes and that is equivalent to six hours. Today, I have five classes.

7:00 – 7:30  a.m. On my way to school. The roads were all wet. It seemed like the sky shed tears again last night without me noticing it. I rode on a tricycle and the driver acted like he was the king of the road. I felt scared inside my head so I asked God to keep me safe. I arrived at 7:13 a.m. Our office is located at the other side of the school and I chose the long way since the short way would require me to step on mud. The thing about the long way is that many students also pass through that so I bumped into my old and present students. They would greet me “good morning” and the seniors would say they miss me. It felt good.

7:30 – 8:30  a.m. First Class. I showed them a video of The Walking Dead. This is to show them how the world would be like without society (minus the zombies). They are the last section to view this video because I missed one meeting with them. The others looked excited upon watching the video because they already know about it while others were scared and hid their faces even though it’s just a trailer. One of the perks of being a teacher is promoting your favorites by relating them with your lesson. Hehe.

8:30 – 9:30  a.m. Second Class. I’ve been teaching them for three weeks now but many of them still called me Mrs. Do I have to remind them every time that I’m not married yet? I told them that if I would be married, I will have a different last name. And all this time I thought I looked young. Hmp.

9:30 – 10:00  a.m. – Break. It’s raining as I headed back to our department’s office. Good thing, I have an umbrella. Played Candy Crush to relax my mind.

10:00 – 11:00  a.m. – Third Class. One of the noisiest sections I’m handling so far. I used a lapel microphone because I’m losing my voice.

11:00 a.m.- 2:00  p.m. – Long Vacant. I thought I could rest. Well, I did because I ate lunch and stayed at the office but we needed to finish something for our department’s bulletin board. It was assigned to two of my co-teachers but the Master Teacher II (MT II) told us to have the initiative to help. She sounded like she’s disappointed at us. The MT II is the oldest in the department when it comes to the number of years in service which is 31. Yeah, that is even older than me. She is not the department’s head but since our head is in seminar right now, she’s the one in-charge.

2:00 – 3:00 p.m. – Fourth Class. One of my favorite sections so far. I’m done with my lesson’s discussion last meeting so I just let them finish an activity. This class is quiet during discussion but most of them just look at me whenever I ask questions. Haha. I hope a lot of them will participate more next time. They were happy today though. They were telling jokes and laughing and I enjoyed my time with them.

3:00 – 4:30 p.m. – Break and Vacant. Merienda time! Tomorrow will be Ma’am Neri’s birthday so she had pizza delivered. I love pizza. ❤ After eating, I checked some of my students’ work sheets.

4:30 – 5:30 p.m. – Last Class (Over-Time). This is the highest section I’m teaching. They are in a different curriculum which specializes in Journalism so they have additional subjects. Teaching them is not that stressful because they are smart and participative. However, 95% of the students in school get home at 4:30 and it’s Friday so I can feel how tired they are and how much they long to go home. We just reviewed our lesson and have them finished the activity as well.

5:30 – 6:00 p.m. – On my way home. I logged out 5:32 p.m. It’s obvious that I was eager to go home, too. Haha. Good thing, the classroom is just near the biometric time clock. Went to the first tricycle in line but I waited for it to be full first before it left. Played 2048 while waiting. My house is far away from civilization so I had to walked a long way again just like what I did in school this morning.

6:00 p.m. – Weekend starts now!


>>>This is my response to Writing 101, Day Eight: Death to Adverbs. Woah, I can’t believe it’s hard to avoid adverbs.





3 thoughts on “A Day at Work

Say something!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s