It felt like The Walking Dead minus the zombies for the last three days. A typhoon under Storm Signal no. 3 just passed by our country last Wednesday. It tore house roofs and brought down trees and electric posts which caused a major power blackout. Classes were suspended but what can you do at home when there’s no electricity? I guess, we’re back to basics…
1. Play board/card games. Yes, we have to save the remaining battery on our phones and tablets. Forget on-line multi-player games and stick to classic Boggle, Scrabble, Monopoly, etc. If you don’t have anyone to play with, play Solitaire using real cards!
2. Sing or write a song. So, the karaoke machines and our neighbors’ ever noisy speakers were all silent for the past three days. It’s now my time to shine! Unfortunately, I had to stick with my quiet electric guitar but I was able to write a song. 🙂 For those of you who don’t have a musical instrument at home, a hair brush or an air guitar is enough.
3. Read a book. You need some daylight to be able to to do this. I was really into reading books back when I was in high school but a lot of things now get on my way. I think the last time I read a book was way back in 2008. I know, right? I’m glad I was able to finish (a short) one and I’m starting to read another one right now. So, that’s one of the advantages of not having the option to just watch a movie on a laptop.
4. Daydream/Sleep. Fantasize about your future until you fall into a deep slumber. This is the easiest way to pass the time, honestly. I wish I could suggest more productive activities. I just can’t. I was stuck doing these things. Haha.
5. Share stories with other family members or whoever you are with. It’s time to communicate with our loved ones face to face. Share, like and comment in real conversations.
7. Go out. It’s better to just stay home if you don’t have any access on news. When I say “go out”, I just meant backyard or garden. Haha. Or if you are really close with your neighbor, you can also pay a visit. I just live near my sister’s house so I spent some of my time playing with my niece. She’s such a cutie. 🙂
8. Make a list like this. This list is a product of my boredom.
I heard that there will be a blackout again next week. Any more suggestions I can add to my list?