Okay, so I decided to change the title Sunday Sweets & Smiles to a shorter Happy List. I got this title from Cosmo Philippines as I was reading old mags during blackout. It looked like a list of must-haves but on my blog, it is a list of things that got me excited and happy throughout the week. These posts will still be my responses to the blog event created by these two awesome girls, The Duck & The Owl. Please do check out their blog and congratulate them for having 600 followers!
1. Lovely Book of the Week: Bridge to Terabithia. I mentioned before that the last book I’ve read was in 2008 and the major blackout encouraged me to read again. Hehe. I know that this is a children’s book but I found this on my shelf and it’s so short that I finished it in like a couple of hours (I’m a slow reader). I enjoyed it and oh, I haven’t seen the movie but the character of Miss Edmunds really fits Zooey. Then, I realized that I missed reading and so I got another book. 🙂
2. Lovely News for those who have Facebook accounts (which I’m sure you have):
- Tuzki stickers are now available on Facebook! Yep, he’s the dancing bunny on my sidebar. You will not regret adding this sticker to your FB chat. Trust me.
- If you are a lady blogger who wants encouragement from other lovely lady bloggers, please join our Facebook group (Click here)! Christina over at lifebeinggirly and Hilary from Cutie Cameras started this awesome support and networking group. It’s growing (we’re 40 so far) and it’s nice to meet other bloggers even outside WordPress. Come and join us!
3. Lovely Blogger of the Week: Phoebe Rose from Taken by the Lapels. Well, she’s one of us and she’s so gorgeous! This particular post made me realize something about interracial kids and this post motivated me to have blogging goals.
4. Lovely Comedies: They Came Together (2014) and Yes Man (2008). Check my comments about these films on this page, Movie List 2014.
5. Lovely Diva of the Week: Mary Ann Van Der Horst. She’s so typical Filipina and her great talent was unexpected. Just loved this audition.
Bonus Smile: A few days ago, I posted the old video of my First Love Song. Today, I’m sharing with you the 2014 version of the song! I requested my Indonesian friend Gorga Simbolon to help me improve its music and this is the result. Listen to more of his sounds here.
What made you smile this week?