Happy New Year, everyone! I know that there’s a lot in-store for us this 2016 but before that, I want to look back on what made me happy all throughout December!
1. Shopping Apps.
Now that I have a job, shopping is one thing that I love doing. Haha.
- Shopkick. It’s an app that helps me earn “kicks” until I earned the required number of kicks to get a reward such as gift cards. 🙂 You can earn them by just walking-in the store, scanning products or purchasing stuff. I haven’t redeemed any rewards yet because I’m saving them for a bigger reward but my sister in-in-law has already earned some before so it’s legit.
- Groupon. I haven’t purchased anything from it yet but I already see a lot of good stuff and great deals. 🙂
- 25 by Adele. I know I mentioned this already last month but this time, I just wanna share how awesome her album is! I love it so much. 🙂 I think this is my fave from her three albums so far (although I love the other two, too). The songs are much more positive than the songs on her previous one. I love to sing along with them, too.
- Pentatonix. I purchased their self-titled album and I definitely recommend it to you. The songs are original and they wrote them themselves. How talented! Their music sounds like a mix of early 2000’s pop and current pop with a hint of Acapella Praise (they sound like they are singing in a church, if you know what I mean). This week’s Monday Music Inspiration is also from them. Check it out here.
- Acoustic Christmas. I just love listening to Christmas songs! 🙂 Here’s a playlist I discovered on Spotify which I love. You can save it for next year. 🙂
3. Miss Universe 2015
I feel proud that Miss Universe 2015 is Miss Philippines. The coronation night is pretty controversial but we can learn life lessons from it. Check out my post about it here.
4. Star Wars: the Force Awakens
My hubby and I loved the new Star Wars so much. 🙂 I love the fact that the main protagonist in this trilogy is a girl and she is a fighter! Daisy Ridley is my new girl crush!
Dressing up as Kylo Ren and Rey for New Year’s Eve…
5. Christmas Presents.
It’s really humbling how our students in our preschool class took the time to give us Christmas presents. I’m not really expecting those so I’m thankful for them and their parents. 🙂
Meanwhile, during Christmas eve, we also had exchange gifts. It’s my first Christmas here in America and it’s the first time I was able to give my hubby a real gift. Haha. Check my post about it here. Besides, the turntable and Sara Bareilles vinyl that I received from him, here are some other gifts that made me happy:
- A Wedding Photobook from my sister-in-law and her hubby. Okay, so we really just had a simple wedding and my brother-in-law took the photos for the occasion. We never really had a photobook and didn’t even think about having one so it’s kinda awesome of them to give it as a gift. 🙂
- Dresser from my mother-in-law and her partner. We have a little closet in our room but we need more space for our clothes so this is really something that we want.
- Portable Speakers from my brother-in-law. I’ve been wanting Bluetooth speakers ever since. Haha. Now, I can finally soundtrip while doing my house chores.
That’s all for now. If you wanna check my everyday smiles, follow me on Instagram. 🙂 I’ll sure follow you back if you comment on here with your username. 🙂
What made you smile this week? Share it in the comments!